Skip to main content


COVID-19 Information

With COVID-19 infections growing in Bernalillo county, it can be difficult to determine when a student should stay home.  Please follow the decision tree in making your decision.  The safety of all Hawks will always be our #1 priority.  If you have any questions, please reach out to our Health room team.

Decision chart

General Information

When students get ill or injured at School

If you are ill or are injured at school, get a pass from your teacher and report to the health room for care and observation. If the nurse or health assistant determines that you need further treatment or need to go home, your parents will be contacted.

When to Contact the School Nurse

Parents of students with special health conditions/medications should contact the school nurse. Parents should also notify the school nurse of any immunizations that are administered so that immunization records may be kept current.

Attention 6th Grade Parents

New Mexico immunization law requires that ALL students entering 7th grade have BOTH a current Meningococcal vaccine and a Tdap vaccine. Students will NOT be allowed to register if they have not had BOTH of these vaccines.  


Please contact your provider or the NM Department of Health Office to schedule an appointment if your child has not had these vaccines yet and bring a copy of the immunization record to the school nurse for verification.