Join The Hoover Parent Faculty Organization
The PFO would like to invite parents to come and join us at our meetings and events! We are a group of fun loving parents looking to be an involved part of our children's' lives. We work together with our school to help make Hoover the greatest education experience possible. We look forward to getting to know you and your child.
Visit our Hoover PFO webpage to learn more about our organization.
Stay Connected With Your Student
Here are some ways to stay connected with your student in middle school:
- Attend PFO meetings
- Check ParentVue regularly
- Read the Hoover Announcements online
- Be sure the school always has a current email address for your family
- Visit the APS website (www.aps.edu) and APS Facebook page for district news
- Ask if your child has any flyers or forms to show you -- in middle school, important handouts won't always make it out of the backpack unless you ask
How You Can Help!
- Volunteer your time to help in the school store during A and B lunch
- Volunteer your time during concessions for home game sports events
- Donate items to the school store
- Donate items to the Positive Behavior Intervention System Store (PBIS)
Hoover PFO Board Members
- James and Sara Shoemate - Presidents
- Gina Meyer - Vice President
- Charity Kurley- Treasurer
- Adreina Mora- Secretary
- Rachael Hush- Hospitality Specialist
- Gina Meyer - School Store Manager
Please contact any listed board member by email at HooverPFOBoard@gmail.com.
Hoover PFO is a proud supporter of the PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention System). PBIS provides all Hoover students with reward incentives through earned points. Points are given to students from teachers and staff for showing positive behaviors in class, on campus, and to other students across the school day. Students then redeem points for items in the PBIS shop (items can be chips, gatorades, drinks, stickers, praiseful calls home, pizza parties and more). PBIS improves the social environment on campus by encouraging students to build healthy relationships, develop positive behavior and foster a shared responsibility among the school community. All of these factors contribute to a more productive campus environment and is shown to have better academic achievement for individual students.
The PBIS Committee championed by Sara and James Shoemate through PFO supports this program by purchasing and delivering items to the shop. To learn more about this committee and get involved please join us at our next PFO meeting!